Digital RightsUsers' digital rights are Kakao's top priority.
Digital for Kids
Kakao takes our responsibility of protecting children or minors from harmful internet environment seriously. Therefore, we apply a zero-tolerance policy on sexual offences committed against children. Any user who violates the Operation Policy by committing such offences against children or minors will immediately have their account terminated and will be prohibited from using Kakao services, regardless of the number of cumulative violations that individual may have. Such offenses will be reported to law enforcement authorities and active measures will be taken when necessary.
Please contact us through our Report Center, which is open 24/7, for concerns about possible sex offenses committed against children or minors, and we will take immediate and necessary actions. You can also submit a report using the “Report” feature available in each service.
Please submit any reports that concerns sexual offences against children or minors. Your anonymity is guaranteed. In order to abide by policies on securing privacy during personal communication, Kakao relies on reports from users to respond to information or actions that threaten the safety of children. Kakao will also implement numerous technologies and policies as part of our aggressive effort to prevent sex offences against children or minors. Kakao would like to ask for your interest and active participation, so that we can create a healthy internet environment where our children can thrive and grow.
The following sex offences children or minors and/or actions that encourage sex offences against children or minors, as well as any expression of active intent to use such content, will be subject to the zero-tolerance policy.
- Produce, provide, advertise and/or introduce material that sexually exploits children
- - Users are prohibited from providing, or expressing the intent to provide, any materials of child sexual exploitation, including the production, sales, rental and/or distribution of such material.
- - Pornographic and/or sexually exploitative videos and/or images that contain actual children or minors, as well as people or contents (including pictures) that can be explicitly identified as children or minors, will be prohibited and punished by law in accordance with the “Act on the Protection of Children and Youth against Sex Offenses”.
- - If such content is sent via email or a messenger service, the content will be prohibited and the sender can be punished by law if the recipient of the content submits a report.
- Knowingly possess and/or use material of child sexual exploitation
- - Users must not possess or use explicit material with knowledge that the material contains content that sexually exploits children or minors.
- - Users can be punished by law, in accordance with the “Act on the Protection of Children and Youth against Sex Offenses”, if they store such contents in an internet service’s storage.
- Assist in involving children or minors in the production of sexually exploitative material
- - Users must not assist in involving, such as sharing information, trafficking and/or soliciting children or minors in the production of sexually exploitative material.
- Provide sexually explicit or exploitative material to children
- - Users must not provide, or express the intent to provide, sexually explicit or exploitative material in any form, knowing that it will be used by children.
- Exchange sex for money with a child or minor
- - Users must not prostitute, solicit sex from children or minors, or express intent to do so.
- Conspire or describe sex offences against children or minors
- - Users must not conspire to commit and/or describe, to entice sexual desires, a sex offence, including sexual assault, sexual harassment and/or prostitution, against children or minors.
- Grooming children or minors
- - Grooming means to encourage, suggest, coerce and/or request sexual acts based on the trust and bond formed with the other individual.
- - Users must not approach children or minors with the goal of controlling and/or exploiting them sexually by gaining their trust and earning their friendship.
- - Requesting children or minors for sexual activities, through any means including conversations, encounters or sending videos of a sexual nature, will be deemed as sexual control and/or exploitation.
- Sexually objectify children or minors
- - Children or minors must not be sexually objectified with the purpose of relieving an individual’s sexual desire or stimulating other people’s sexual desire.
- - Describing children or minors as objects of sexual acts, through public posts or comments, can be subject to restrictions.
- - “Objectifying children or minors” includes producing pornographic material by maliciously falsifying or editing images and/or videos of children or minors, and can also be punished by law.
- Other attempts to encourage sex offences against children or minors
- - Users must not encourage any form of sex offences against children or minors, such as providing places to use to commit sex offences or encourage and/or entice sex offences.